Job Opening: Administrative Assistant
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Accra, Ghana
Start Date: April 1, 2017
Background: Established in 2011, the GSA is a non-profit industry association with 400 members from 31 countries including women’s groups, brands and retailers, suppliers, and NGOs. Through public private partnerships, the GSA promotes industry sustainability, quality practices and standards, and demand for shea in food and cosmetics
1. Review and respond to enquiries from the GSA partners and the general public.
2. Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
3. Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
4. Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
5. Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries in accordance with USAID procedures.
6. Perform general administrative duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
7. Support and secure technical staff’s travel arrangement including flights and accommodation.
8. Organize and maintain all filing systems for both hard and electronic copies
9. Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, parking, and office keys.
10. Maintain accurate and complete information related to the GSA network
11. Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences
12. Plan and organize technical training workshops and presentations in consultation with the Director, Africa Operations and other staff
13. Provide office orientation to new staff
14. Setup accommodation and flight arrangements for company visitors
15. Undertake banking, book-keeping functions and must be proficient and fast in Microsoft excel, word for data analysis and preparation of timely reports
16. Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
17. Must have an analytical mind-set with an eye for detail.
18. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
A good first degree holder with specialisation in Finance/Acounting with 2 years minimum experience.
The immediate supervisor is Director of Finance
Deadline for submission: 28st February 2017
Interested applicants should email their resume to Doris Dorhuso at email@example.com