2017 Executive Committee Elections - Call for Candidates
The Global Shea Alliance (GSA) Secretariat is pleased to announce a call for candidates to become a member of the Executive Committee (EC), the governing body of the GSA. The mission of the GSA is to design, develop, and deliver strategies that drive a competitive and sustainable shea industry worldwide, improving the livelihoods of rural African women and their communities.
New members of the EC will be elected at Shea 2017 in Cotonou, Benin. The EC will reserve the following seats for new members: 6 seats for representatives of shea producing countries, 2 seats for representatives of international companies, and one seat for a representative of a group of women shea collectors and/or processors. Please review the Terms of Reference in the pages that follow to find additional information on the composition, responsibilities and requirements of the EC.
Elections will be held during the 10th annual shea conference in Cotonou from March 13-15, 2017 to elect qualified candidates.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your application and include the following documents:
- For African shea stakeholders: A cover letter and a support letter from one of the following national associations: NASPAN (Nigeria), TFK (Burkina Faso), SNG (Ghana), APROKAM (Mali), FIKACI (Ivory Coast), and AKB (Benin).
- For international shea stakeholders: A cover letter
- Please note that all candidates must bring the following documents to Shea 2017 OR send them to the Secretariat no later than March 6, 2017:
- Notarized copies of your passport (notarized by a notary, bank, consulate, or lawyer),
- 4 passport sized photos,
- Your resume with a brief description of your qualifications.
The deadline to submit your application for candidacy is March 10, 2017. Please note that all candidates must have registered and paid their membership dues.