The GSA is a non-profit industry association with 400 members from 31 countries including women’s groups, brands and retailers, suppliers, and NGOs.
Through public-private partnerships, the GSA promotes industry sustainability, quality practices and standards, and demand for shea in food and cosmetics.
Featured This Week
- FORM International established a shea tree nursery in #Ghana to raise 60,000 seedlings over 2 years in partnership… https://t.co/P9rn8uemgN
- 6 shea cosmetics companies attend trade + impact in Morocco to showcase their innovative shea products. Over 110 bu… https://t.co/zQPiRL20rH
- GSA surveys 3 communities in Ghana on shea quality improvement trainings. 6000 women were trained in Ghana alone! https://t.co/saaz46ZDk8
- 27 African cosmetic brands attend the ProBeauty Trade show in Johannesburg and make over 1050 contacts! https://t.co/YJ20oEJm4E
- Sustainability partner RPBHC delivers 50 tons of shea kernels to OLVEA through USAID sponsored warehouse initiative https://t.co/Scjtscfm0F
- GSA sustainability partner Table Filiere Karite trained 40 women’s group leaders on our new Health and Safety Manual https://t.co/vNa2G99BZz
- Women's shea co-op in Benin begins management practice in new 100 metric ton warehouse #WomensEconomicEmpowerment https://t.co/q9yuMjYHMX
- Forming public-private partnerships are key to supporting #shea communities! Learn more: https://t.co/3XzLoWqsf1 https://t.co/lDVdq79zL8
- .@FAOnews and GSA developed a health + safety manual to help conduct safety trainings for women shea collectors! https://t.co/wp1Na1w8Qd
- RT @USAIDWestAfrica: #GSA is one of two alliances we partner with to implement projects https://t.co/d25f7Gd1Be
In partnership with the US Agency for International Development, the Global Shea Alliance (GSA) is launching a five-year, $3,000,000 USD matching grant fund to support the implementation ...
The Global Shea Alliance works to expand shea markets for GSA members and promote the use of shea-based cosmetics made in Africa.
The demand for cosmetics is growing in Africa, and...